I were (and am) really excited about the Kickstarter project for a new and fresh and modern version of the famous Sinclair ZX Spectrum that started in May, 2017. I am backer no. 1162. My „reward“ is the „The ZX Spectrum Next Plus“ which means a full Sinclair ZX Spectrum Next system including fancy stuff like the new designed casing (done by Rick Dickinson himself!) etc.
Due to the fact that I knew that it will last until sometime 2018 until I can put my hands on the new computer I decided to climb up onto my attic. Fetching my own original Sinclair ZX Spectrum setup and trying to get it back to life seems to be a nice method of passing enough time until the Next appears.
So this is what I found up there – I’m not sure, but it might be 25 years since it saw daylight.
- Sinclair ZX Spectrum 48K Issue 2 (upgraded from 16K) in original case.
- Sinclair ZX Spectrum Expansion System (ZX Microdrive, ZX Interface 1, Microdrive Cartridges with software)
- Sinclair ZX Interface 2
- Sinclair ZX Spectrum + Upgrade Kit (ZX Spectrum + keyboard/casing kit)
- Timex/Sinclair 2040 Personal Printer
- dk’tronics Keyboard Type 1
- dk’tronics Dual Port Joystick Interface
- Romantic Robots Multiface One
- Two mono audio tape recorder (TEC and Elite)
- Some Microdrive Cartridges and original software tapes.
Oh dear, some of that stuff doesn’t look really good (especially the software tape side of things…).
Let the journey begin…